Sorry (to those of you, well the one of you, reading this) for the belated post. We actually had quite an eventful weekend last weekend and were just too caught up in the whirlwind of activity to write about it!
Let's start with Friday:
The weather was finally spring-esque enough to sit outside in the quad. As you can see, the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, so we grabbed lattes and relaxed in the sun. Minus one stressful near-miss with a frisbee. Evidently our frisbee friends overestimated the talents of one of their teammates when they decided to play around a group of people. Another overestimation included Katey's thoughts on how much of a break she had before a meeting. She had to rush off with only two minutes to get there.
We met up for some birthday celebrations with friends from Seattle U. Just some shopping (excellent Madewell purchases!) and sushi for dinner. A great day, but possibly topped by an exciting accomplishment later that night: the successful piercing of our friend Michela's ear. Katey did the honors of giving her a second piercing in her left ear, and Sara documented the event:
Sunday started off the best way you can start a Sunday - with yoga. We find that yoga on Sunday morning gives us superior energy, and we always get to celebrate with Starbucks. Before we left UVillage, we noticed that a garden festival would be taking place later in the day. We decided to return in the afternoon to investigate. We came across goats and chickens and free samples of food!
Thanks for reading!
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
This is originally a chocolate chip cookie recipe but it's a really good dough so we use it for everything now! Also we just preheat the oven to whatever it says on the chocolate chip bag.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 sticks of unsalted butter till smooth. Then add 1 cup of packed brown sugar & 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Next add 1 egg & 2 1/2 tsp. of vanilla (a little more never hurts in our opinion). Beat until very well blended.
• Then beat in half the mixture of 1 3/4 cup + 7 tbsp. of flour (notes: we never do half the mixture because of our lack of bowls, but feel free to do it the correct way. and #2: I have no idea what this 7 tbsp nonsense is, but these are awesome cookies so just go with us!), 3/4 tsp. of baking powder, 1/3 tsp. of baking soda (just go ahead an eyeball it. whoever said baking is exact hasn't met us) and a generous 1/4 tsp. of salt.
• Stir in remaining flour mixture but don't overmix!
• Mix in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts (we used 1/2 a bag of chips and about 3-4 oz. of nuts but it really depends on your tastes).
• Drop by teaspoonfuls (about 2 inches apart) on baking sheets (no grease necessary because of the butter!) and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
• Let stand for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
Another note: our baking times usually come to 12 minutes but we also never pay attention to the sizing listed. so moral of the story: make them whatever size you want and bake for listed time BUT check those ovens and keep an eye till they are golden and baked!)