Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nutella Cookies

This week I received an exciting package from Katey and our friend Jeremy! I got Breakfast at Tiffany's, delicious orange chocolate, a book on astral travel, another book on obscene Australian slang, a bird dish, money candle, toy skunk, and a brick from Red Square.
UW Red Sqare, Jeremy is the best
So it's quite obvious that my day was made. In return I baked a batch of Nutella cookies to send up to them. The cookies turned out surprisingly well and everyone at my dad's office loved them and wanted the recipe. Unfortunately, it turns out that Jeremy is in Chicago (where I don't have an address) and by the time I got Katey's, it seemed kind of late to send the cookies and have them be still fresh.
However, every cloud has a silver lining and I ended up taking the cookies in the package to my friend's house for a pool party. The day of the pool party, Lena and I did a double hike, which felt like walking through an oven, but we did it because we knew there were going to be mojitos at the party.
The mojitos were delicious, the pool was fun and my feet got burned from walking around the patio barefoot. There were also some intense games of beer pong (or rum&lemonade for when the beer started to heat in the sun) and gaucho and eventually the biggest pizza I've ever seen. 
Yesterday my mom, sister, and I drove down to Costa Mesa for a family friend's birthday party at a place with all these trampolines. 
I did normal trampolin-ing, played dodge ball and went in a foam pit. Soooo much fun! And probably good exercise since when I got off, I was sweating profusely which is kind of gross but oh well. It made me want to resurrect my trampoline/ask my dad for a new one. Today I will be running errands with my mom to Trader Joes, the bank, JoAnns, this Argentine market and possibly the library. I also have to vacuum the house in lieu of a dinner guest who will be housesitting for us while we are on vacation. 
Hope everyone is staying out of the heat or beating it with mojitos!

xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment