Friday, September 16, 2011

(FALL)ing in love

I wrote this on my tumblr earlier: I love autumn. I love the leaves, the colors, the crisp smell of the air. I love finally breaking out scarves, jackets, jeans, and boots from their summer hiding. I love the holidays. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday. I love that this leads into Christmas and another kind of holiday cheer. I love the long awaited red cups and seasonal lattes from Starbucks. I love crunching through leaves and making piles to jump in. I love pumpkin pie. I love baking for others and for warmth. I love making fires. I love taking walks and seeing my breath in the air. I love the drizzle. I love the sunshine. I love layering. I love gloves. I love staying in and reading with a blanket and a cup of tea. I love flannel sheets and pajamas. I love apple picking and pumpkin patches. I love the reds, oranges, yellows, browns, and dark greens. I love that it reminds me of being a little kid but I also feel an air of sophistication. I love that I feel clean and alive. 


It's a cloudy morning here in LA. I just sat outside and painted my nails white with black shatter over (I thought you couldn't mess these up but I managed to get nail polish all over the edges of fingers/nails so they look pretty bad but oh well). According to dashboard, it's going to be in the 80s next week so I should enjoy this coolness while I can. I think I'll take advantage of it by walking up to Ventura and going to Barnes and Noble or Urban or Free People (or all of the above), as shopping is one of my favorite things to do in this weather. I'm carless today but I can't say I mind too much. I just hope that it doesn't rain because I'll be stuck. Also my shoes (my sister's TOMS) will soak. It's also a good day for tea and baking so perhaps my new pink mixer (!!!) will be used today, so stand by for a recipe later.


ALSO WHY IS MY TEEN VOGUE NOT HERE YET!?
I apologize for the outburst but my October issue should be here, since I believe I saw it in stores.
Cross your fingers that it'll come today!
xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment