Tuesday, October 18, 2011

London Calling

Aww Katey I'm sorry you're not feeling well, have yourself some hot chocolate and matzoh ball soup! My own sickness has mostly worn off, so I've been able to catch up on my sleep now that I can breathe. Due to my stuffy nose and tiredness, my weekend wasn't as jammed as I thought it was going to be. Here's a little rundown:
On Friday, Audrey and I went to pilates at Lululemon where we did about an hour of ab and butt work, which was perfect because I need a lot of work on my abs (or lack of them haha) but not my butt, it's too big. In the evening, my family and I went to a dance show downtown that my dance teacher's son/my hip-hop teacher choreographed. His company is called Versastyle and they are so incredibly talented. The show was phenomenal and I also got a cute tshirt!
On Saturday, my sister and I went to yoga and took a class from this woman who looked like she was in her 30's but claimed that she just recently turned 50. She also gave us a coupon for a class at her studio called Lotus Kitty! After yoga, we went to Karabel (a dance store) to find a black tutu for my sister's Halloween costume, in which she will be the Black Swan (my idea). What do you think? Should I be the White Swan? I'd be in it for the makeup and feathers. Anything to accessorize! 


I went to Trader Joes with my dad (ooh, I almost forgot! the last time I went to TJ, they had the pumpkin spice coffee that I was hoping for!) and came home to the soup that my mom and I made earlier in the day. I was supposed to go to Audrey's house for a birthday kickback, but I was so exhausted and stuffy that I opted for staying home and watching Glee and Psych with my sister. 
Sunday was Meet the Pros at Valley College, which featured various working people in all areas of the film industry coming to my school to meet and talk to students. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the whole time but I did get to sit at 3 different tables and talk to a director of The Closer, a 1st AD on The Big Bang Theory, a script supervisor, a documentary maker, and an editor on Hawaii Five 0. The editor, it turns out, knows and is a big fan of my dad, so that was funny and coincidental that I talked to him first. We bonded over my time on set this summer. I had to leave early to pick up my sister from work, where we stopped at Pinkberry first, so I could get a parfait (strawberries, raspberries, and kiwi--delicious!) and then went home, picked up my mom and went to Costco. My parents went to one of my dad's employee's bbq and my sister and I stayed home and watched Office Space and Center Stage. 
Best scene in my the movie, right there. Also anytime Gary Cole says yeeeah. 
Yesterday was my interview at American Apparel and I think it went really well! It wasn't long but the hiring manager was super sweet and said that she liked my personality and my knowledge on fashion and will submit my resume and picture to the head people and hopefully they'll like me too! After that, I walked to Barnes and Noble and lo and behold, they finally had the October issue of UK Harper's Bazaar; the one with Alexa Chung on the cover and also the one I've been trying to get all month. I splurged but I couldn't resist. 



Isn't she perfect? I wish I could look like her/have access to her wardrobe. 
When I was there I also saw the UK Marie Claire with Keira Knightley on the cover but I didn't feel like spending $20 on magazines so I decided to save that for my next outing. 
Today, I got a new assignment in painting, where we need 4 canvases to convey 4 different techniques but all the paintings must have some sort of connection (motif, continuous picture throughout, ect.). I thought about it for the majority of the class and came up with the theme of the ocean, ballet, or perhaps a decade? When I got home, my November Teen Vogue came in the mail and who should be on the cover? Alexa Chung! After reading her interview, I decided to do my painting on London! I can make a collage of the Union Jack for one, and then put in a cup of tea, a telephone booth, an English garden, or a bus for the others. I'm excited to see how it will turn out! I'm very much in an English phase right now. All I want is a '60s rockstar thin frame with cropped pants, a cute blouse, ankle boots and a coat with my Chanel bag in tow. And maybe a hat. And I'd stroll through a nice park with grayish skies overhead or down a trendy city street jutting in and out of vintage shops until I was tired or cold in which case I would grab a cup of tea. Britain is my current inspiration for life (although it's not that easy due to the 80 degree weather outside) but I plan to work the culture into my style once the temperature starts dropping. However, I will not be taking up smoking (for now teeehee just kidding, Katey!), but maybe a partly vegan lifestyle? My dad is bible pushing this health book on me which talks about the importance of whole foods from the Earth (no animal products) which is annoying just because it's my dad and I'm a bratty daughter BUT apparently you can lose like 30 pounds in a month meaning I could potentially be 100 pounds!? Attractive, right? I'm considering doing it just to fuck with him and his godforsaken book but I don't know if I'll even exist if I get that tiny. But 15 pounds would look good I think, which is reason enough for me. I'll let you know how it goes! I will not be giving up Starbucks or frozen yogurt though, let that be known. I will just eat much less of it. Wish me luck!


xoxo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment