Monday, November 28, 2011

Feasted

Happy Post Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your holiday was filled with food, family, friends, and happiness! As I'm typing this, I'm listening to my Christmas playlist on my computer, as the Christmas season has officially begun, and I can't be more thrilled. 
So, on my birthday last week, I came home from school and drove through the traffic to Starbucks so I could meet Audrey for coffee. Two of her friends joined us as well, and we talked about the Occupy movements, UCSC, and life in general for a good 2 hours. I went home and after my sister came home from dance, we decided to go out for Thai food. I got a huuuge bowl of wonton soup and papaya salad which were perfect for the chilly weather outside. 
After dinner, we came home for cake and presents. 


The cake was incredibly delicious (I'm a sucker for lemon bundt cake) and the gift was so surprising. Remember how I had to wait for a package? Turns out it was my brand new black iPhone 4S! I honestly didn't think I was going to get anything because of all the Madewell stuff I'd gotten in the past month but my parents totally surprised me. I'm still getting used to it but it's pretty awesome. Especially the camera. 
I woke up the next morning a little ridiculously happy but I couldn't help it! I love this season, and Thanksgiving is no exception. I was planning on watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but didn't end up turning on the tv at all. However, we did have nonstop Xmas music playing, so it was alright. I helped my dad make brioche for dinner.


We had dinner at our family friend's house (the same place that we've had it for the past 2 years) and we brought brioche, baguette, brussel sprouts, and sweet potatoes. My favorites at dinner were the mashed potatoes, salad, brussel sprouts, and stuffing. I didn't eat that much at dinner because I needed to save tons of room for dessert. Lily made my favorite jello (orange jello, fruit cocktail, marshmallow topping) and amazing pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust, and I also had some apple crisp from Big Sugar. After dinner, we watched Star Wars Episode IV because my sister had never seen it and also because Lily's boyfriend's family just got the entire collection on BlueRay. I forgot how much I liked Princess Leia (the woman can rock some braids) and Chewbacca and never realized how hot Harrison Ford was. 
And just because, we watched Episode V afterwards. Nerdiest Thanksgiving ever but I actually like the movies. Shhh don't tell? 
On Friday, my family drove down to Orange County to visit my cousins and grandparents. My cousin, Holly goes to UCLA and despite living so close to her now, I haven't seen her since she's started. We had leftovers and played Just Dance 2 which was really fun even if I looked sort of stupid playing it. For dinner, my uncle and grandparents picked up sushi and my sister and I hung out with our younger cousin, Gracie. 
We also put tinsel in our hair! It combines both my love of sparkle and holidays. 
On Saturday I woke up to go hiking and found that it was warm outside. I actually took off my jacket and hiked in my tank top because it got into the 80s! So weird for November. I worked from 2-9 again and it was soooo slow so my feet hurt from standing in the same position for too long. At the end of the night, I took home 4 dozen cupcakes because we had a ton leftover. 
Red velvet, chococcino, chocolate peanut butter, vanilla, chocolate, pumpkin, dulce de leche and chocolate mint. All of them went to work with my dad except for 1 red velvet, 1 choco pb, and 2 vanilla.
Yesterday it was warm again but my dad and I walked to the farmer's market to get veggies and pluots and figs. Our fridge is pretty crammed now. We did the weekly Costco run also and my sister and I were impressed with this tequila in a shotgun.
After Costco, my sister stayed home to work on UC applications and my mom and I went to Torrance to visit my cousins there because Wendy was home for the weekend from Berkeley. As always, we had a good time with them and ate round 3 of Thanksgiving leftovers. Japanese holiday leftovers are a little different though because besides the normal turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, we also have sushi, chicken teriyaki, rice and tuna poke. Oh and peanut butter mochi for dessert. Coming home last night and driving through downtown was so beautifully lit up and made me really happy to live in one of the greatest cities in the world. 
This morning, I ate some fruit and cereal and hung out until my mom came home so we could run errands. We went to the library and Target, where I bought some Christmas gifts and Rudolph socks for myself. I love Target holiday stuff! My sister and I also bought yoga classes through Groupon (24 classes for $24!) so I'm excited to get toned again for the upcoming season of eating. 
Hope everyone had a good weekend of eating and shopping and are ready for the next holidays! You know how Katey and I feel about them ;]


xoxo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment