Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year :)

I'm getting a head start (ish) on December.

AND good news for the future of my blogging: my dad found my camera!!!!! I had thought that I recycled it by accident last January, so I've gone all year camera-less. BUT HE FOUND IT! Now I will have much more to share and much better ways to share it.

My first picture since finding the camera:
I made these spritz today (first day home after finals!), and I must say they're delicious.
Recipe:

1        cup butter, softened
1/2
cup sugar
2 1/4
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/4
teaspoon salt
1
egg
1/4
teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
Heat oven to 400ºF. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl. Stir in flour, salt, egg, almond extract and a few drops of food color.
Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 6 to 9 minutes.
So, very very easy! And super delicious. 
As for other aspects of the first half of December, they involved lots of studying as finals were (and technically still are) this week. But there were lots of fun things as well. 
Michela had a fabulous dance performance the first weekend, and the next Friday we watched Love Actually.
Favorite Love Actually relationship:
Saturday was my extended family's Christmas party. That's always an adventure. Lots of fun and even more people with a competitive gift exchange as well. The next day was more studying so that I could go to my mentee's Christmas dance recital on Monday (night before my final). It worked! Lots of Starbucks hours paid off....although I guess I haven't seen my grade yet. Anyway, let's give Starbucks holiday cups a shout out for getting me and all the other college students out there through finals and into the holidays!


Also, I've developed an affinity for dark red nail polish. I'd add a picture, but it's starting to chip :(


Happy Holidays and enjoy your baking! Laura and I have a Christmas party coming up, so expect some yummy and beautiful recipes (and photos too!)

xoxo
Katey

1 comment: