Friday, January 20, 2012

Tales of Snowmageddon



Ohhhh my goodness. The snowapalooza of this week has been craziness to say the least. UW cancelled school three days in a row and Seattle shut down in typical Seattle snow fashion.






This was last weekend when the first snow hit...then there was Wednesday and Thursday.
 


Anna and Aaron came sledding!                    And Michela rode in a shopping cart.


 We played :) 


and made banana bread that photographed poorly but tasted delicious!

Speaking of delicious treats, I failed to inform you all about the fabulous chocolate cake with peanut butter oreo butter cream frosting that my dear friend Laura adopted from some cupcakes we created last summer. They were heavenly:



Our friend Matt was in town to celebrate his birthday and loooooved his 5 layer cake of deliciousness.

Things I forgot to mention but that are also fantastic and have made my life better:

The descendants. Maximum and I saw it like a week and a half ago, and it made me cry. A lot. 
But it was really good. 

Random but I got a pedicure when I was home with my mom like two weeks ago and it still looks good because it's winter and literally no top coat could ever top snow and rain as a pedi-protector. Speaking of nails, have you noticed the whole mismatched-mani trend? I tried it today but wasn't quite ready to get too crazy so I just alternated colors. Here's Miley doing it correctly:


Also, Pinterest. Super cool. Do it. http://pinterest.com/
One of the things I pinned as I've been learning my way around also made me super happy:

Is this not the most fabulous thing ever????? Dior Something Blue. OMG.

Ok well that's all for now, but oh heyyyy Sara is coming to visit tomorrow (unfortunately not today due to the shit show that is Seattle in the snow) and we're for sure about to have tons of adventures so expect to hear about them! Off to see "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" now!

xoxo
Katey


No comments:

Post a Comment