Friday, February 10, 2012

Love is in the air

Yay! My first week of school for spring semester is done with! I'm taking acting, photography, and the advanced version of the screenwriting class that I took last semester, and so far, I think I will keep them all. Right now, I'm most excited for acting because at the end of the class we should have a perfected monologue on hand, which I can hopefully make use of professionally! Actually, all of my classes will leave me with something to use in the future, as I'll have photos for my portfolio and a finished screenplay to register with the WGA. 
Back tracking to where I left off last time, I went to Audrey's house for a night in with her and Sasha. After Audrey accidentally dropped her retainer into her neighbor's yard, we watched The Emperor's New Groove, which hello, GREATEST MOVIE EVER. Seriously, one of my favorites. 
When I got home, my mom took some rugs out of the dryer and let us sit in them since they were all nice and warm. It's something we've been doing since we were little kids and I still love it.


Last Friday, I took my sister out to Marie Et Cie as a celebration for the end of her finals and last week as a first semester senior. (And I paid because I'm so nice!) The weather was quite pleasant so walking there felt almost like springtime. 
I went out to dinner with Sasha, Sami, Jamie, Haley, and some other girls at Loteria in Hollywood, and I swear to God, it felt like the Hills. I'd never been out on a Friday on Hollywood Blvd. and going out with a bunch of girls just felt so cliche. But we had a really good time dancing to Ke$ha and the food was delicious. I also loved the ginormous piƱata hanging in the middle of the restaurant. After dinner, everyone went to a hookah bar but Sasha and I went to Starbucks where we saw that they have Valentines Day cups! So adorable! After coffee/tea, we went to Audrey's and watched Clueless, another wonderfully amazing classic. 
On Saturday, I woke up to an empty house. My mom went to the zoo for a Goodwill donation, my sister was at her friend's house and my dad left to go to San Francisco. I decided to walk to work because it was a beautiful day and because I didn't want to deal with parking. It was busy for the majority of the day, which was nice since it meant there was much to be done. I helped Steve Carell again, who bought cupcakes and cookies. I also got to see a man get arrested for drunk driving, which isn't as exciting as it sounds because the only reason he was caught is because he got in a slight fender bender. Sending 4 police cars seemed a bit much to me, especially as only 2 cops were doing anything and the rest just stood around. After work, my mom, sister, and I went to Chin Chins and I got summer rolls and wonton soup. 
For Superbowl Sunday, my mom and I went to Target to see the Jason Wu collection and I ended up buying a dress! I like it because it reminds me of the retro-ness in the '50s and early '60s. And the collar has pearls, which I'm very into at the moment (embellished collars, that is). 
My mom and I went to her cousin's house to watch the game, with some cheesecake jello in tow. I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular, but for the first time, I actually watched most of the game. Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was exciting! My cousins came over also and brought Popeyes and fruit salad. My aunt made chow mein which was sooo good and also inspired a Azn gangsta rap name, Chow Mane. I thought Madonna was alright, she wasn't singing, but she was entertaining. And I laughed so hard at the World Peace thing at the end, so random. 
Tuesday was my first day of school, which was so crowded and thankfully I didn't drive. 
I sat outside Wednesday morning, in the sun reading Fifth Avenue, 5 AM, which I finished later that day.
I really enjoyed it, it showed the behind the scenes of the Capote story and making of the film. And also about Audrey and the relationships between the producers, director and actors. 
My photo class was way boring but the future projects seem promising, so I'm looking forward to that aspect. Also all of my classes have the token 'talker' aka the old-ish guy who feels the need to comment on everything the teacher says. 
In my acting class, there's a guy who's half Jamaican, half Filipino and looks sort of like a younger, cuter version of Usher! Hopefully I'll make some friends in my classes since I should probably socialize a little bit. 
Today I ran errands with my mom and ate a large bowl of miso soup leftover from last night. I will also be putting together some Valentines Day packages for mon amies. Ooh and I started The Help yesterday and am on pg. 176 already! I really like it so far and I want to see the movie once I'm done reading. 
This weekend I get to work with Bryce and on Sunday, my aunt from Oregon and my grandma from OC are coming over to visit. 
Happy Valentines Day everyone! I don't have a boy in my life but I still love this holiday! I love the pink and red and lace and the hearts and chocolate! Everything's so cute! I have school but afterwards maybe I'll get my mom some flowers or something and watch a girly movie (most likely 27 Dresses or Shakespeare in Love). I'm so excited! Holidays are the best!

xoxoxoxoxo (extra this time) Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment