Friday, March 30, 2012

Interviewing

First off, here are the waffles that Katey requested ;]
Sour Cream Waffles from Cafe Beaujolais
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tblsp. sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sour cream (we actually used 2% Greek yogurt)
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup + 2 Tbl. melted butter, oil or combination (we used a combo just because that's all we had)

1. Sift together all dry ingredients. 
2. In separate bowl, beat together egg yolks, sour cream, milk and butter. Add to dry mix. Mix together thoroughly. 
3. Beat egg whites until stiff, and fold in completely. Make waffles the way you usually do. 
*You could very easily add nuts, chocolate chips, fruit, bacon to this batter as well!

So last Thursday after class, I was asked by a fellow student to be an interviewer on his webisode for the next day. I said yes without really thinking, and when I got home, realized that I had no idea how to do that/what to ask. Luckily, he gave me the shortest spot and I was to talk to a photographer, so at least I could relate to her in some way. 
On Friday, I was so nervous but managed to go over to the shooting spot (an apartment) in North Hollywood. Everyone was really kind and easygoing, which made me feel a bit more relaxed about the whole ordeal. I interviewed Erin Stone, a dark, romantic style photographer. If you want to see the episode here it is: I'm weird. My interview's the last one at the end. 
Although it was scary, it was a really great experience being on camera and basically, improvising. 
My family and I finally watched The Help! I loved it! I thought they did a really good job of adapting it from the book (because let's be honest, that book is fucking long albeit amazing). 
My sister and I were also obsessed with the outfits in the film. That's one of my favorite eras and I just love that retro, colorful look. Also the Southern accents were so cute. Katey thinks I'm weird because of my infatuation with the South but I can't help it!
Sasha's surprise party was on Saturday! Unfortunately, I was at work and missed the surprise part but I was still able to go and have a good time. It took me a million years to find parking because everything is permit or a driveway. Eventually, I was able to park behind Kara's car (best spot evaa)
It's dark but that's a Heineken and a bottle of vodka in my cupholders. (It's not mine, I swear)
Sasha, Audrey, me, and Kara in the classic Kara pose

Also! I didn't get to take home any cupcakes this weekend but my boss gave Tyler and I 6 inch cakes to take. Tyler chose chocolate and so I took the ~2 slices of vanilla and a little over half of a red velvet cake. The red velvet sort of fell over on the way home but I gave it to my friend Matty. 
It rained on Sunday practically all day. I went to the bookstore with my dad and had to share an umbrella because I didn't think the drops would be so big. Luckily, I had my rain boots on. 
Rain + tea

I got to hang out with my friend Skyler on Tuesday. He, Anna, and I went to Starbucks and Chipotle for an afternoon snack and then shopped at the Jewish lady thrift store (I'm not commenting on the clientele, the name has something like that in it). For some reason, I really liked this snow globe (I think it's the puffins)
West Quoddy is the most eastern point in Maine between America and Canada or something like that. Skyler and I want to make a road trip out of it if we end up on the east coast next year. But, in short, I thought it was really cute. 
We walked around Tujunga to take pictures for my photo project afterwards, enjoying the sunshine. 
Anna's been re-watching Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy and god, that show was so good! Izzie Stevens is me (we both bake?). And George is Katey and my friend Jeremy. A patient in the show actually told George he had 'kind eyes'. 
My teacher used my photo assignment for Design in Nature as an example this week, which was tres exciting. Of course, my other picture using Rule of Thirds was completely wrong because I used my dog and not a person. Which the above picture is re-doing, actually. 
Anna's been hearing from colleges this week and it looks like Boston University might be her choice! One of her best friends is looking there too and another bf is part of the Boston Ballet which is down the street practically, so she's excited to be with friends. And one of my good friends is graduating from there soon, but might stay in the area! So I'll have many reasons to visit. I haven't heard from any schools yet but I'm slightly nervous. I don't exactly know what to do yet, which is frightening and incredibly annoying. Whatever, I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. 
Today is my first day of Spring Break! I'm going to Aroma with my friend Sydney later for coffee. And Sunday is an open house/birthday celebration for Xander! I'm so excited! We talk but I haven't seen him in a while and I miss hanging out with him! My dad and Anna are also going to visit Massachusets and Pennsylvania all next week, so my mom and I will have the house to ourselves (yes!). We'll have to find some fun things to do and I'll probably get some movies on Netflix while they're gone. And do some hiking, barring it's not rainy (fat chance). 
I might be the only on spring break but I hope everyone enjoys their week, nonetheless!

xxx Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment