Sunday, December 23, 2012

The most wonderful, beautiful, crazy, insane time of the year

I suppose it's been since the election since I posted, oui?

Well, that went well didn't it? I must say, election night was one of those memories I'll tell my kids about. I was watching it on the news while pretending to write essays and study for a midterm, and then after Obama one (yay America!), the local news started showing that gay marriage AND legalizing weed were passing in good old WA state! Then they showed a massive party in the streets just a few blocks from my house on Capitol Hill.

Needless to say, my friends and I ran over. Unfortunately we couldn't stay too long because we had midterms the next day, but it was one of the most amazing, beautiful, and purely joyful sites I have ever seen.

The next few weeks were basically filled with a combination of school and helping high school kids with college apps. I tried to get as much as possible done in time for Sara to come! It was one of the best weekends ever, and one of my favorite things about having Sara visit is how she brings our EFS group together!


I don't want to get too repetitive, but Sara and I had all kinds of fun from dinner Friday, to hanging out downtown Saturday, to yoga and exploring the UDistrict on Sunday.


Saturday while Sara was with her cousins, Anna and I went to our last Husky game as UW students! We even got our photo taken with Harry the Husky!


The next night Sara and I had dinner (delicious soup made by Sara) with Jeremy and Brad, and watched numerous girly movies in addition to playing Christmas trivia!
Jeremy wore my roommate's snuggie:


After Sara left, things got a little crazy again with school and whatnot but Anna and I and our friend Arianna managed to sneak away for a weekend to relax. We went to a family friend's house on the sound and had delicious meals and plenty of red wine. Definitely something we should do more often.

The next week Laura and I headed home for Thanksgiving, which was lovely, and Black Friday shopping, which was crazy. It was lots of fun though, and when we got back to Seattle, Laura and I hung up our wreath and decked the halls of our tiny apartment.


I wrapped up November with trip to the Botanical Gardens with Anna and Aaron and one of his friends. It was all lit up and pretty, but also pretty rainy. We made it a pretty quick walk around the gardens, but it was beautiful and festive, and we got to wear ugly christmas sweaters!


The next day Jeremy and I put together a Christmas package for Sara, and then all of Sunday and basically the entire following week consisted of studying. I took a break the next weekend for my family Christmas party and for my friend's birthday, and then I did some shopping with Chris, but other than that it was study study study. And by that I mean half studying, half drinking red wine while watching Love Actually 4 times in one week. 

But seriously, who wouldn't watch this movie four times during finals week?

I think I'll leave it at that for now. Laura and I just had our Christmas party, so expect photos of some delicious and awesomely decorated treats coming up!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!

xoxo
K


No comments:

Post a Comment